Deadline : 22nd March 2016
Injustice and inequality exist around the world for many LGBTI people and communities. In much of the world, accessing funding support for even the smallest public actions and events is an enormous challenge. This fund is designed to address this gap.
In 2016, InterPride aims to give out up to ten grants of up to USD $2,500 each.
Our granting criteria:
• Projects must take place in the 2016 calendar year
• Projects that take place in the global South and East (ie. outside of Canada/US, Western Europe & Australia/NZ) will receive priority in the grant review process.
• Projects must support specific local events and activities that support LGBTI communities. We are particularly interested in local Pride events.
• Projects should be lead by or involve LGBTI individuals.
• Projects must be time-limited, such as political marches, parades, community gatherings, film festivals, special events, and celebrations.
• Project funding is allowed to cover costs such as staff time, advertising, space or equipment rentals, registration fees, purchase of materials.
What we will not fund:
• Individuals not connected to an organization
• Ongoing operating costs for organizations
• Ongoing program costs
• Capacity building or training
• Paying off organizational debt
The granting process is open on February 15, 2016. The deadline for InterPride receiving complete grant applications is March 22, 2016. InterPride will notify successful applicants by April 18, 2016 and funding disbursements will be made by early May 2016.
Detail and application can be found here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NhRxR8AacQcSbpeO3xBbbcnXRMhmdEADhKJl8i-ZIh0/viewform?c=0&w=1
If you have questions regarding the Solidarity Fund process or application form, please email email@example.com and put “Solidarity Fund” in the subject line.